Monday, June 30, 2008

Shampoo

I just wanted to rave about this great shampoo that I use, from a seller on Etsy. Her shop is Goddess Naturals. I first bought a bottle of her Lemongrass shampoo near the end of 2007, because it is so hard to find a sulphate-free shampoo at the store. I had been reading about people going shampoo-free, but felt that I wasn't ready for that leap, so I went in search of a more natural shampoo. I use chemical-free and organic products for my son's bath products (I LOVE Earth Mama Angel Baby), so I thought I should do the same for myself.

For the first week and a half using this new shampoo, my hair still felt slightly greasy at the roots after taking a shower. I had heard that temporary greasiness occurred for people that stopped using shampoo in favor of vinegar rinses and such, so I decided to stick with this shampoo for a little longer. I am definitely glad that I did! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this shampoo (I just got 8 more bottles last week!). I have thin, wavy hair which I flat iron about 3 times a week. I used to color my hair once a month to give it more body since it felt so thin, but not anymore...now it always looks shiny and healthy, and I am not exaggerating when I say that I no longer have the breakage and split ends that my flat iron used to give me.

If you have a spare moment, visit this super-nice Etsy seller's shop; besides wonderful products, there is a wealth of information about the essential oils Carrieann uses in her products. Also, there is information about what harm chemicals (such as the ones in commercial shampoo) can do to your health. In addition to the shampoo, I am also a faithful user of the tooth powder.

The other day, I actually found out that people were talking about me behind my back at work...they had a vote on who had the best hair, and I won.

No comments: