Monday, July 20, 2009

The Love Dare - Day 1

I got the idea to do The Love Dare from Valerie on diaperswappers.com; she sent me her own version. I found out about this by accidentally seeing the movie 'Fireproof'. I didn't particularly like some of the acting (Kirk Cameron was fine, some of the others were a bit iffy), but I did like the story and the whole idea of a love dare and keeping a journal about it. The Love Dare is basically a 40-day (mine is less with Valerie's edited version) journey of different tasks to complete each day, in order to perform acts of love for your spouse.


So here it is, my day 1:

1 - Patience - The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative.


When Danny got home from work today, I felt like I didn't have to try too hard to be pleasant and patient. Before dinner, though, we went on a family walk/bike ride. I figured we would just go around the block, but Danny wanted to go to the park (which is far), and we ended up zig-zagging every which way. Normally I would have mentioned right away that I didn't think it was a good idea going so far, but I kept quiet. He should be able to make the call sometimes too, lol.


To me, this dare also meant not complaining. As well as being patient, I did not complain today, and even if something was difficult, I tried to change my focus to something else to ease my mind.


Outcome: A-okay

No comments: