Monday, September 14, 2009

Ah, Summer


As summer is winding down, I got to thinking about one of our favorite outdoor activities: going for a bike ride. I started taking William on daily bike rides when he was 1-1/2; back then, we went around the block on his little Spider Man car that he pushed along with his feed. Despite the fact that his little legs were really getting a work out, he usually managed to make it the whole way without having to get off (and me carrying the car all the way home!).

This summer, he graduated to his bike with training wheels. Gosh can he zip around on that thing! I follow him along, with Violet in her baby carrier or in the stroller. William is very good at stopping at all the streets and alleys. Sometimes he gets a little ahead of us, but he always waits for us to catch up.

I love going for bike rides; I can't wait until next summer when Violet will be able to ride her bike, too. Then all of us can go cruising around to wherever we'd like!

No comments: